What Are You Doing Now?

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Moonraker

Re: What Are You Doing Now?

Post by Moonraker »

Katharine wrote:
Moonraker wrote:Haha! Old sins cast l o n g shadows! :oops:
So sorry Nigel, I've only just twigged what you meant. Of course I didn't mean you at all, and many apologies if you thought I was. :wink:
No need to be sorry - I thought it was a great way of giving me a subtle dig! I'm rather disappointed that it wasn't meant for me, now!

It was a pleasure to take you and your mum on a magical mystery tour. :D
Society Member
floragord
Favourite book/series: THE FARAWAY TREE SERIES
Favourite character: Silky

Post by floragord »

Wincing at the new passport style photos for our Cambodian visas, probably quite realistic if unflattering 8) ....... We're hugely looking forward to our very own "River of Adventure" journey on the Mekong through Cambodia and Vietnam.
"Its a magic wood!" said Fanny suddenly.
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Wow, that sounds fantastic, Floragord! Enjoy your travels. :D My parents went to Vietnam and Cambodia a few years ago and they had a wonderful time — I'm sure you will too.
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Sounds brilliant, Floragord! Hope you have a wonderful adventure.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Chrissie777
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Adventure Series, Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Jack Trent

Post by Chrissie777 »

floragord wrote:Wincing at the new passport style photos for our Cambodian visas, probably quite realistic if unflattering 8) ....... We're hugely looking forward to our very own "River of Adventure" journey on the Mekong through Cambodia and Vietnam.
Have a safe trip, floragord. Bon voyage! 8)
Chrissie

Society Member

"For me, the cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake."
Alfred Hitchcock
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

floragord wrote:Wincing at the new passport style photos for our Cambodian visas, probably quite realistic if unflattering 8) ....... We're hugely looking forward to our very own "River of Adventure" journey on the Mekong through Cambodia and Vietnam.
I hope you enjoy your trip. My local church supports a couple of villages in Cambodia, it's always very interesting to get updates of how the fund raising has helped, puts Western 'poverty' into perspective sometimes.

You have my sympathy for your latest passport photos. I had to have a similar one taken recently and my son informed me that I looked 'old and miserable'. Obviously I wasn't smiling as it was for an official photo, so hopefully that explained the 'miserable' part, but I really didn't appreciate the 'old' remark. If that's what he thinks when I'm only in my early 50, whatever will I be in another 20 years!!! :cry: :lol:
Society Member
Chrissie777
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Adventure Series, Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Jack Trent

Post by Chrissie777 »

Katharine wrote:You have my sympathy for your latest passport photos. I had to have a similar one taken recently and my son informed me that I looked 'old and miserable'. Obviously I wasn't smiling as it was for an official photo, so hopefully that explained the 'miserable' part, but I really didn't appreciate the 'old' remark. If that's what he thinks when I'm only in my early 50, whatever will I be in another 20 years!!! :cry: :lol:
Same here, when I had a new driver's license a few years ago they didn't allow me to smile. Needless to say that I look like a convict. :roll:
I often wished that I would be one of these enviable women who even look pretty when they don't smile...
Chrissie

Society Member

"For me, the cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake."
Alfred Hitchcock
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Enjoy your trip, Floragord. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
IceMaiden
Favourite book/series: Too many to mention! All of them!
Favourite character: George

Post by IceMaiden »

Daisy wrote:Yes, you have to choose your time according to whether you think the other person will be available. I used to go by the 9pm rule, unless a pre-arranged time had been agreed. Our telephone package means free calls, within the UK, at any time as long as they don't last more than 59 minutes. Go over the hour and the whole time is then charged for.
The way to to get around that is to hang up at 58 minutes then redial to continue your conversation :wink: .
Society Member

I'm just an old fashioned girl with an old fashioned mind
Not sophisticated, I'm the sweet and simple kind
I want an old fashioned house, with an old fashioned fence
And A̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶h̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶i̶o̶n̶a̶i̶r̶e̶
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Yeah, that's what I and a good friend of mine do. :wink: (I can't remember which company / plan she's with, but I think the deal is all calls free if they're under 50 minutes.)
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

I saw these F5 adventure magazines on the link below & was wondering if anyone has seen them advertised on e-bay before? I've only got a few & wouldn't mind collecting the rest. I've never bought anything on e-bay at all, nor looked on it! :|

https://downthetubes.net/?p=38153" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

Katharine wrote:
floragord wrote:Wincing at the new passport style photos for our Cambodian visas, probably quite realistic if unflattering 8) .......
You have my sympathy for your latest passport photos. I had to have a similar one taken recently and my son informed me that I looked 'old and miserable'. Obviously I wasn't smiling as it was for an official photo, so hopefully that explained the 'miserable' part, but I really didn't appreciate the 'old' remark. If that's what he thinks when I'm only in my early 50, whatever will I be in another 20 years!!! :cry: :lol:
As the old joke says- if you're as ill as you look in your passport photo you probably need it but may not be well enough to take it. :lol:
Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

number 6 wrote:I saw these F5 adventure magazines on the link below & was wondering if anyone has seen them advertised on e-bay before? I've only got a few & wouldn't mind collecting the rest. I've never bought anything on e-bay at all, nor looked on it! :|

https://downthetubes.net/?p=38153" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There are often Famous Five Adventure magazines on eBay. Links to various Blyton items on eBay are often posted in the 'For Sale' thread on this forum.

Here is one link, if these are what you mean? -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Joblot-Bundl ... SwryBafFne
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Yes, these are the mags I was talking about, Rob! Thank you for posting the link. Much appreciated. :D
Shanku
Favourite book/series: Mystery Series, Malory Towers, all Fairy Stories
Favourite character: Alicia, Fatty, Bets & Timmy!

Post by Shanku »

What am I doing now....hhmmm

Since returning to the Forums a couple of days ago, I now have the tab pinned to my Chrome so I look at them before starting work. Work started about two hours ago...

Preparing proposals for new business somehow seems to require enormous focus now :P
...and there, hidden among the leaves, was Peronel. She had beautiful golden hair and was dressed in silvery white with silver wings on her back.

Society Member