What Are You Doing Now?

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Chrissie777
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Adventure Series, Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Jack Trent

Re: What Are You Doing Now?

Post by Chrissie777 »

shadow wrote:Watching a programme on channel 5 called underground Britain. They are in the caves under Nottingham and exploring a secret passage which was involved in a kidnapping! They could use those plots in a book. :lol:
I read years ago that the hill on which Chinon Castle in France is located has lots of underground passages.
Chrissie

Society Member

"For me, the cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake."
Alfred Hitchcock
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

Just watched a programme about Loch Ness- apparently all the water in all the lakes in England and Wales would fit into it...And every person in the world would fit in - three times over.
Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Would there still be room for the monster?? :shock:
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

It was pretty clear that sightings increased according to popular culture-- "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" (I think it was) caused an increase. As did various others. The "classic" images have been proven/ admitted to be fake. Given that (in the early days) the monster hunters had harpoon guns I can't help being glad that "Nessie" has remained elusive.
Society Member
Chrissie777

Post by Chrissie777 »

Preparing a list of questions for our dog breeder. On Friday we'll meet our puppy for the first time. On 12th of December we can bring him home :) :) :)!
I'm so excited!
Chrissie

Society Member

Alfred Hitchcock
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

How exciting, won't be long now, Chrissie. :)

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

Ooh, that will be lovely for you, Chrissie. I'm sure it will be love at first sight on both sides! :D

Please do share some photos of Cody when you bring him home, won't you? If you have difficulty putting photos in a forum post, I'm sure there are plenty of people here who can help.
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Rebeccadanielle
Favourite book/series: Malory Towers, St. Clare's,

Post by Rebeccadanielle »

That sounds so exciting Chrissie :D

Phillip Hughes died from his injuries. :cry: :cry: I'm not sure if much about Phillip Hughes made it on your news. I feel incredibly sad right now. I'm also getting my things ready for an early start in the morning but I keep getting distracted by hearing tributes. It's such a tragedy. :cry:
Courtenay

Post by Courtenay »

It's the top story on the BBC news website this morning in the UK, Rebeccadanielle. Hughes lived in England and played for local cricket teams here a few years ago, so it seems he was quite well known here. I don't follow sport very much, so hadn't heard the news until this morning, but yes, what a horrible tragedy. :( You can read and watch the BBC's tribute to him here at BBC Sport.
Society Member

Rebeccadanielle
Favourite book/series: Malory Towers, St. Clare's,

Post by Rebeccadanielle »

Thanks. I didn't know he was so well known over there but I knew he'd played over there. I'm a massive cricket fan. Press conferences have been held this evening explaining what exactly happened. It's just such a shock. I feel so sorry for Sean Abbott, I can't even begin to imagine how he's feeling right now.
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Watching Breakfast TV I have just heard this news. Very sad.

At the moment, I'm in Carbis Bay, and looking out of the window, at a beautiful day about to become even nicer, and watching the sea. Heaven! :D

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Chrissie777

Post by Chrissie777 »

Julie2owlsdene wrote:How exciting, won't be long now, Chrissie. :)
Hi Julie,

We just tried to post a photo of the 6 puppies into the "Pets" thread, but it's only possible via Photobucket which we won't do. But I'll post it on the Yahoo Member Photo website as soon as Keith will change my password (neither my old nor my new password work).

Or in case you are on Facebook, look for "Christine Mathieu Worcester Massachusetts" and send me a friend request.
Our breeder asjwhiteshepherds puts now every day short video clips & cute photos of the 6 puppies on his FB page.

Happy Thanksgiving in case you celebrate it. :)
Chrissie

Society Member

Alfred Hitchcock
Carlotta King
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Barney, Secret Series, Famous Five
Favourite character: Bill Smugs,Lucy-Ann,Snubby,Mr King,Diana,Kiki,Paul

Post by Carlotta King »

You can also use Tinypic, you just upload whichever photo you want and there's no way for anyone to access other photos or anything. :)

If you want, email me the photos you want to post and I'll use Tinypic and then email you the code to put into your post, then you can post them yourself on here, all you'll need to do is write out whatever you want to say like normal, and paste in the code(s) that I email you. :) x
"Fussy Gussy! Polly, Polly, Polly-gize!"

Society Member
Chrissie777

Post by Chrissie777 »

Thanks, Cathy, I will do that either tomorrow or on Saturday, because then we might have the first pics of our puppy (I need to make them smaller in PhotoScape, because I don't want to have 2.000 MB pics, so I always make them smaller (640 pixels = 250 KB) in PhotoScape and that's time-consuming.

I have your private e-mail address, so I will send them to you once we have registered at Tinypic.
Chrissie

Society Member

Alfred Hitchcock
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

You can also create a new Facebook album with just the photos you want us to see then generate a link that is for use of anyone (even if they don't have Facebook).

To do that - open the album and click the cog at the top right then 'generate link'. You can then copy and paste that into an email or on the forum.

"You can use this link to share this photo album with anyone, even if they don't have a Facebook account. Anyone with the link will be able to see your photo album."

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 5f1a276ca2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member