Website Makeover

Important forum announcements.
Ian Regan

Re: Website Makeover

Post by Ian Regan »

Well, I hope you had a productive afternoon working on the next journal, Tony. 8) I would love to write an article for you one day on some of the lesser known paperback illustrators, such as Peter Archer and Charles Stewart. Perhaps we could tie it in with the creation of Armada Books, which was, after all, when Blyton first became widely available in the paperback format.

Speaking of which, the one final suggestion I have for the Cave of Books pages concerns the paperback illustrations. Do you think it would be worthwhile to add links to galleries listed on external websites (such as my own)? As a random example, the page for The Mystery of the Secret Room could have links in the illustration section to the galleries containing the artwork of Charles Stewart and Rodney Sutton for that particular title. :?:
“I am fighting an enraged chair,” Jupe puffed. “And I think I’m winning. Give me another couple of minutes.” - Jupiter Jones in The Mystery of the Fiery Eye.
Kate Mary
Favourite book/series: The Treasure Hunters/ Five Find Outers
Favourite character: Barney

Post by Kate Mary »

Great idea, Ian. I for one would be interested in an article on the artists who illustrated the early Armada editions. These were the Blyton books I first collected, and I have enjoyed looking at your website.

Kate.
"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Just an idea :idea:

If the on-line shop were to be put into one of the little boxes on the left hand side, a good name for it could be:-

The Tuck Shop
or

Cave of Goodies. :D

Just a passing thought.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

I like the sound of Cave of Goodies, however, The Tuck Shop makes more sense! :D

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Sadly I don't think that the shop is busy enough to deserve a button of its own, Julie. There has only been one customer in the last 8 weeks - you! :lol: And it is 'Open All Hours'!
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

I wonder if many people visit this site to try to buy Blyton books..... and then go away again when they find that there are none for sale? Not that I'm suggesting Tony should start stocking books for sale but maybe an obvious section containing links to places like Ginger Pop would be a good idea? It could be called "Tunnel to the bookshops" or something.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Tony Summerfield wrote:Sadly I don't think that the shop is busy enough to deserve a button of its own, Julie. There has only been one customer in the last 8 weeks - you! :lol: And it is 'Open All Hours'!
That's a shame forumites. Come on, if we don't use it we may loose it, as the saying goes.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Lucky Star wrote:I wonder if many people visit this site to try to buy Blyton books..... and then go away again when they find that there are none for sale?
I have had one or two people trying to buy rare books from the Cave! :lol: They also normally tell me how stupid I am not to have put a selling price in!! :roll:

There are currently links on the site to several dealers and I am very happy to do this, but the Society doesn't benefit from this in any way, so I am not sure that I would want to go any further in this direction.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I must agree with Tony here, the internet is full of retail companies, and it doesn't take much effort to find how to purchase a certain title. surely, that's what search engines are for?

Let's face it, if you type Enid Blyton into Amazon, the Society doesn't get a mention!
Society Member