Large images

Important forum announcements.
Matthew Roberts
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty and George

Large images

Post by Matthew Roberts »

As some have noticed, large images are being cropped so that only a portion of the picture is displayed. So I have made a few changes, and it is now only possible to post images up to 500 pixels wide. If your image exceeds this, I suggest you resize the image (using Keith's wonderful Simple Picture Resizer) or just post a link to it.
Timmylover2
Favourite book/series: Five on Billycock hill, The secret Island, Fami
Favourite character: Julian, Peggy, Jack, Bets

Re: Large images

Post by Timmylover2 »

For me it says "images upto 100x100 pixels".
I'm posting a link here, use the book cover for my picture please. Crop it if needed

http://glowdown.files.wordpress.com/201 ... island.jpg
has posted this.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Matthew was talking about images on the forums - ones that appear in replies, that's why he said if it's too big post the link. That way people could view the full size pic elsewhere.

You're talking about your avatar which will need to be cropped to 100x100 before you can use it. You can crop it yourself in programmes like windows picture manager or even paint before you upload it.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Timmylover2
Favourite book/series: Five on Billycock hill, The secret Island, Fami
Favourite character: Julian, Peggy, Jack, Bets

Post by Timmylover2 »

Ok, sorry!
has posted this.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

TL2, you were replying to a post made 7 years ago! The link that Matt (his return was short-lived) was referring to is no longer valid. You should follow Fiona's advice, I use Microsoft Picture Manager - primarily as it was already installed - check to see if you have it.
I'm posting a link here, use the book cover for my picture please. Crop it if needed
Are you asking someone to do this for you? If so, this size will be all right for an avatar.

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

As you say, the original post is an old one as I altered the width to 520 pixels some time ago. I did this so that it was possible to add images from the Cave, most of which are 520 pixels wide. More recently this has also been increased so the Cave will now take 620 pixels which is useful when illustrating a wraparound dustwrapper.
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

Moonraker wrote: You were replying to a post made 7 years ago!
Ok, so correcting another adult's spelling or grammar might be rude, but does that mean I can't correct their maths either? :lol:
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

A very subtle and humorous way of doing it, Fiona! :oops:
Society Member
Fiona1986

Post by Fiona1986 »

SwatIthought! :mrgreen:

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member