Posters or prints of The Wishing Chair

Enid used many illustrators in her books. Discuss them here.
Alisha

Posters or prints of The Wishing Chair

Post by Alisha »

Hi All, I was wondering if anyone could advise me as to where I might be able to buy a print to frame from The Wishing Chair? I'm loving reading it to my daughter after so many years and think it would be great on her wall. Any help would be appreciated!
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Re: Posters or prints of The Wishing Chair

Post by Rob Houghton »

Not sure. I don't think there are any officially - and it all depends on the version of The Wishing Chair you are reading and who illustrated it! probably your best bet would be to create your own from a scan/photo copy or have it printed onto canvas. 8)
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Sounds a great idea, Alisha. Rob's suggestion is probably worth considering. Thank you too for reminding me that I must read these stories to my grandson. His father is now reading Harry Potter to him, and I fear that he is missing out on proper childhood reading. He is only six, after all.

Please feel free to join in our discussions, and welcome aboard. :)
Society Member
Alisha

Post by Alisha »

Thank you for your responses Robert and Moonraker. If I can't find a print then I'll see if our printer is up to the task! Great idea. I wouldn't mind which version of illustration really.

Moonraker my daughter is just 6 also and absolutely loving these books, just as I did as a child. It's lovely reliving them with her!