Images at the top of the EBS web pages

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Images at the top of the EBS web pages

Post by Viking Star »

In a separate string Tony Summerfield mentioned that one of the images at the top of each page of the EBS web site was from 'The Boy Next Door' (second from the right, I believe).

Could you (Tony - or other members!) tell us what the other images at the top of the page are, please?

I've sort of thought about it a few times but without thinking too hard. :?

The far right image might be from The Secret Island? The third from the right looks to be the Famous Five?

Thanks.
This is a Green Knight Book which means that it is a book by one of the most popular authors of all.
Raci

Re: Images at the top of the EBS web pages

Post by Raci »

We did have a thread about the pics when they were altered (The new layout in Q's, C's & S's) but I've just checked and only the new scene books were named.
But you're correct the pic on the far right is from The Secret Island, 2nd from right is The Boy Next Door and the 3rd from right is from an F5 book but I'm not sure which. The one on the far left mut be Five Findouters.
But the pic inbetween the F5 and 5FO's has me confused, I'm not sure if its one pic or 2 merged in which case the bottom part going up the right side looks like it might be S7.

Any other ideas?
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

There are actually seven different pictures here, but as they merge into each other that's quite difficult to see. Originally the website had four choices of heading, but now we just have one of those. These were designed by Vix and all the pictures that she used came from the same source - Enid Blyton's Adventure Treasury - and were sent to her by Matt. The pictures are from left to right:-

Five Find-Outers (Just a Spot of Bother - p. 343)
Famous Five (Five Go Down to the Sea - p. 291)
Secret Seven (Good Work Secret Seven - p. 307)
Secret (Secret of Spiggy Holes - p. 52) - under the previous two
Famous Five (Five Go Adventuring Again - p. 140)

and when Keith took over the site he added two further pictures to get the correct width:-
The Boy Next Door (cover)
The Secret Island (cover)

Sorted :lol: :lol:

Best wishes
Tony
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Post by Viking Star »

Many thanks both of you. :)

I did think about the left hand image as being the Five Find-Outers and dog, but decided that the face of the character in the middle of the picture was a bit too 'contorted'/angry to be Fatty (and Buster doesn't look that black, but looking more carefully I can see it's just that the image is faded at that point). Obviously I was wrong! :roll:
This is a Green Knight Book which means that it is a book by one of the most popular authors of all.
Raci

Post by Raci »

:D Thanks Tony!