The Forums: Purpose and Direction

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Re: The Forums: Purpose and Direction

Post by John Pickup »

I'm proud to be a member of this society and a contributor to these forums. I was brought up to read Enid Blyton and, apart from a spell before and just after I married, I have continued to do so. I don't hide it either, friends and colleagues I've worked with know I collect her books and those of other authors from that period.

Since joining the society I have learned much about Enid and her books that I didn't know, from this website and the marvellous journals. I like to discuss the books on here but I'm not against other threads, recently Eddie and I have talked about our respective football clubs which will be of no interest to many others. Likewise, I don't drink tea or watch Doctor Who so I leave those threads alone. Repetitive threads where the same argument is recycled over and over again turns me off but there aren't many of those.

I think the forum is very well run and administered by Tony and Anita. The other forumites that I've met have been friendly and charming and made me feel welcome. The direction of the forum will surely depend on us, the posters, and whichever way we take it.
Society Member