Felicity's Fifth Form

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
Carlotta King
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Barney, Secret Series, Famous Five
Favourite character: Bill Smugs,Lucy-Ann,Snubby,Mr King,Diana,Kiki,Paul

Re: Felicity's Fifth Form

Post by Carlotta King »

Another great chapter!
I'm enjoying reading about the play and how it is progressing! Muriel and Catherine and a right nuisance aren't they - I'm looking forward to seeing what other tricks they've got up their sleeves! I have a feeling that Felicity and Susan's punishments are just going to make them even more mutinous and determined to step out of line - those kind of girls always assume that they can do what they like, even though Felicity and Susan are capable of handing out punishments and showing authority!
"Fussy Gussy! Polly, Polly, Polly-gize!"

Society Member
Carlotta King

Post by Carlotta King »

An interesting chapter this week!
I am looking forward to seeing what sort of trick the girls come up with! And what a surprise that Penelope has condescended to join in - I would have thought that playing a trick would be far beneath her, even if it did mean that she could get some revenge!

I was surprised by the decision to perform the first bit of the play in front of the parents. It just seemed a strange thing for the girls to do, as they would have no scenery or costumes, and to have all the parents gathered to watch would be quite a serious thing, as if it was a proper performance with everyone's parents there. But all it will be will be the girls performing part of it in their own clothes and without any scenery - a very odd decision for a famous school with an excellent reputation!

I like how Lisa adds little details about the plants and the gardening that Harriet does, that is very like Enid; the way she described the ferns and the leaves (because that was what was available at that time of year) is exactly how Enid would have written it - giving us information about nature and what would be growing at a certain time of year, whilst incorporating it into a story. :)

Society Member
Carlotta King

Post by Carlotta King »

Well, so that's why Penelope is following the rules!
I was surprised that Susan said what she did about them understanding Penelope better if she had told them the real reason for her behaviour. Susan stated that perhaps they would have been nicer to Penelope if they had known the truth, but as far as I can see, the girls were perfectly ready to be friendly if Penelope had been nice first.

The way Susan was speaking made it sound as if the girls were mean to someone unnecessarily, and that the someone had had some real trouble going on in their life, such as we have seen before, ie an ill relative or something, which made them grumpy or nasty towards the girls.
But the actual situation was that Penelope is just spoilt and was so intent on going to her posh finishing school that she thought she would look down on everyone and everything, and that is no excuse for her behaviour.
It seems to me that Susan is being far too nice! :D

Another very interesting chapter this week!

Society Member
Kate Mary
Favourite book/series: The Treasure Hunters/ Five Find Outers
Favourite character: Barney

Post by Kate Mary »

Just finished the final chapter of the current weekly serial. I thought it was excellent, it really captured the flavour of the original Malory Towers books. I look forward to Lisa's story of Felicity in the sixth form.

Kate
"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

I have just read the final chapter too - and thoroughly enjoyed the story. Like Kate, I look forward to the next.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I'm glad that you both enjoyed Lisa Newton's serial, I did too and I thought it was a well written story. As yet I haven't been sent Lisa's final book in her series.
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

I want to read the final chapter today but could not find the links(not just final chapter but for all the chapters)! Please help. :(
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

It looks as if it hasn't been added to the other complete stories just yet.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
sixret

Post by sixret »

I hope Tony will put the link.
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I emailed Keith and he has now added Felicity's Fifth Form at Malory Towers to the list of complete novels.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
sixret

Post by sixret »

Thank you so much, Anita. :D