Enid Blyton Society Publications

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: Enid Blyton Society Publications

Post by Fiona1986 »

Well reminded Katharine. Journal 51 had a re-subscription form in it, so I've just paid up by paypal.

Now back to the online shop to ponder whether or not I should splash out on some booklets. I may have to do my usual of adding stuff to the basket and then closing my eyes as I click to pay. If I don't see it happening I won't chicken out!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

The latest booklets are fabulous. It's great that we can get hold of these stories and buy them at such a reasonable price from the online shop. Thanks Tony and David. :)

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Kate Mary
Favourite book/series: The Treasure Hunters/ Five Find Outers
Favourite character: Barney

Post by Kate Mary »

I am so glad that the Sunny Stories booklets are selling like hot cakes, they deserve to. Uncollected early Blyton at a reasonable cost, what's not to like? And another title added to the list, I hope there are many more.
"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

What lovely little books these latest Sunny Stories are. They must have been sent by return of post. Grateful thanks Tony.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Yes, mine were sent very quickly. Very trusting of Tony, as in my case I'd sent a cheque which he didn't wait to clear first. Obviously knows what an honest upright citizen I am, and so was sure it wouldn't bounce. :D

I had to hand over the 4 Sunny Stories booklets, plus Wendy Wins Through to my mother so she can give them to me for either birthday or Christmas, however I did treat myself to Luck of The Laytons. I haven't read it yet, as I have so many other books on the go at the moment, but am looking forward to settling down with it soon.
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I always send things by return of post unless something has to go through the post office, such as overseas items and parcels - even these often go the same day. I never wait for cheques to clear, but I have only had one bouncy boy in eighteen years and even then the sender phoned me and apologised before I even noticed. Her employers had failed to pay her salary on time!

I have twice been in trouble with e-cheques through PayPal, where I have sent the item and I then get an email from PayPal to say that the funds weren't there for them to clear the cheque. My own fault as they always say with e-cheques not to send anything until they confirm that the cheque has cleared.
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

I've always been impressed with the service you provide, Tony. Whenever I order anything from you, it always arrives promptly and the quality of your publications is consistently first-class! :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

It's good to know that most of those who have bought publications from Tony over the years have been an honest bunch. We've obviously all taken on board all the moral lessons Enid Blyton slipped into her writing. :wink:

Not sure if I've said this before, but I'm extremely grateful to Tony for producing these publications of uncollected stories. I know I'll probably never be in a position to own them any other way, as to purchase originals out of my reach financially, and I suspect many other Society members.
Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

Hear, hear. While it is nice to own originals, I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling grateful we can read Enid Blyton's stories as reprints - especially when they're so beautifully produced.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

I am just as happy as you to have these things in booklet form, because the material is either unobtainable in its original form (Merry Moments Booklets) or so rare that the isolated copies that do appear come with exotic price tags (Sunny Stories for Little Folks) and they are also well out of my price range too!

I am still needing cover images of 22 copies of Sunny Stories for Little Folks in the Cave of Books. I am sure there are probably collectors out there who have some of them, but sadly I never get offered any missing illustrations of rare items like this.
Tony Summerfield

Just a quick word of warning to those who are possibly still dithering - I only have three complete sets of Sunny Stories for Little Folks Nos. 1 to 4 left. I do also have odd copies of Nos. 1, 2 and 3 as although all the rest sold as complete sets of four, one person just bought a copy of No. 4.

First come first served on the remaining three sets, but I hope I don't have to refund anyone! :cry:
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

They really are superb publications which I can thoroughly recommend. I have just ordered a set of numbers 5 - 8 which I am sure will be every bit as good as the first set. :D So get your orders off to Tony pronto!
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Uncollected Sunny Stories .. The Enchanted Wood

Post by pete9012S »

I recently bought this from the Society's on-line shop and thoroughly enjoyed it.Are you a bit like me? Do you you sometimes shy away from Enid's work that you feel is written for younger readers?

After reading this excellent booklet I have realised what a goldmine of beautiful stories I have been missing out on.
This one in particular,which deals with a series of rigorous,but fair tests in choosing a suitable marriage partner was very enjoyable indeed.

It is a gorgeous, colourful booklet which has been expertly put together and was available from the on-line shop for just £3.18.Yes that's right just £3.18. Now tell me what in the year of our Lord 2013 can you possibly buy and have delivered to your doorstep for £3.18 that could possibly equal or better this lovely booklet?

After reading this booklet I am determined not to overlook Enid's stories for 'younger readers' any longer,as you see,they really are very good....exceedingly good as Mr Kipling might say!! :D
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

Very much interested to buy them. I think, without Tony's effort, we never have a chance to read the stories! Thank you very much Tony for everything you have done to make the obscure stories made available for us! We will support the EB society wherever we could. :-)
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Kate Mary
Favourite book/series: The Treasure Hunters/ Five Find Outers
Favourite character: Barney

Post by Kate Mary »

I would snap up the rest of the Sunny Stories booklets pronto if I were you Pete. I received numbers 5-8 the other day and they look a fair treat. It will be good to meet some old friends again, Binkle and Flip and the Brownies Hop, Skip and Jump in some uncollected stories. Twinkle in booklet No 7 bears an uncanny resemblance to Mr Pink-Whistle.
"I love everything that's old: old friends, old times, old manners, old books, old wines." Oliver Goldsmith

Society Member