New Audio Section

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
Moonraker

Re: New Audio Section

Post by Moonraker »

Is this any good?
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

It looks just the ticket for turning cassettes into CDs, but I suspect I would have to buy a cassette player before I could use it! :roll:
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

Mark says yes you would Tony!
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Matthew Roberts
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty and George

Post by Matthew Roberts »

Wolfgang wrote:Tony, the way I do it is connecting the headphone connector of my tape-deck or receiver with the line-in connector of my sound-card and create a wave(sound)-file on my PC.
I do the same thing. I found an old dictaphone the other day, which had a recording of a fourteen-year-old me blackmailing my sister after I caught her smoking! So I connected a lead from the headphone jack to the line-in input on my sound card, and then I recorded the line-in using Audacity, which is a very popular, very good, and very free open source project. Then I exported the file as an MP3. But again, Tony would need a cassette player in the first place!
Petermax

Post by Petermax »

Would this be any good Tony? Available from Maplins, order code N05HH, tape player included that plugs straight into a USB port.
Tony Summerfield

I think I actually want to play cassettes as well as convert them. I wouldn't bother to convert the majority onto CDs. You have to remember that I am a total Neanderthal - I play CDs through my computer or my TV via my DVD player, I have nothing else. Things like MP3 and ipod are just meaningless strings of letters and numbers to me! :lol:

Despite so many kind suggestions my main priority is trying to improve the Audio Section on this website and my own personal listening comes a long way second. Despite the marvel of all the information on the internet there was almost nothing on these audio items at all, which is why I thought it was important to set it up in the Cave. I knew very little about what was and wasn't available and the last few months have been a learning curve - and I believe I still have plenty more to discover. There are people out there who know far more than I do, but as yet nobody has volunteered any information or images.
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

This tape playing/recording/conversion device from Aldi on special offer this week looked like good value. :D

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/sp ... _21477.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Sounds right up Tony's street, unlike a branch of Aldi. :|
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

I know! I checked that out immediately after Pete's post and the closest branch is Romsey.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I feel an outing approaches... :D
Society Member