Buying items, and postage to Australia.

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Buying items, and postage to Australia.

Post by MJE »

Hallo.

There are a number of items I want to buy from the list shown in the items for sale (the volumes of Tony's bibliography, and a few issues of the Journal), and you can select them to be added to your "shopping cart". Then you can choose from a few postage options (within the U.K. being the default), and one of these is called "Worldwide postage". It appears that, once I select the postage, I can go to PayPal to pay for the items; but I guess I'm not totally sure how this works. What I really need to know is whether, if I select "Worldwide postage", the amount shown there will definitely cover postage to Australia. Because if that's the amount I pay and it turns out not to be enough (Australia *is* further away than world countries on average), it will really mess things up.
     Does anyone know how this works, please? And can anyone assure me that selecting "Worldwide postage" will cover it? Or else advise me what else to do? Do I need to contact Tony personally to sort out the postage angle? (Tony, perhaps you may get to read this.)
     Thank you.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
MJE

Re: Buying items, and postage to Australia.

Post by MJE »

Oh, and another thing:
     As I've said before, I just recently joined the Society (as against the forum, where I've been a member for some years, although inactive for some of that time), and I got an issue of the Journal (no. 45) a week or so after I joined. I also saw in the items listed for sale a subscription to the Journal. I'm just wondering if I need to do that to continue getting it; or is that included in the membership of the Society? In other words, does membership just get you the initial issue of the Journal, or the whole year?
     Thanks.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

MJE wrote:...does membership just get you the initial issue of the Journal, or the whole year?
Joining the Society/subscribing to the Journal are really just two ways of describing the same thing, so you've already paid for Journals 45, 46 and 47 (the Journal is published thrice-yearly). When you receive Journal 47 it will contain a note reminding you that your resubscription is due.

I'm pretty sure that "worldwide" postage covers Australia but it's worth double-checking with Tony, especially if you're buying a number of items. It might work out cheaper when several items are sent together, though I'm not absolutely sure of that and Tony has mentioned in the past that he has sometimes made a loss on the postage when sending certain items abroad.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
MJE

Post by MJE »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:Joining the Society/subscribing to the Journal are really just two ways of describing the same thing, so you've already paid for Journals 25, 26 and 27 (the Journal is published thrice-yearly). When you receive Journal 27 it will contain a note reminding you that your resubscription is due.
     Okay, thanks, Anita (and surely you meant 45, 46, and 47?). I thought it might be so; but seeing the subscription listed as an item you can buy made me wonder. Or perhaps that was aimed at people who are not members of the Society. (Is that list of items for sale available to non-members?)
Anita Bensoussane wrote:I'm pretty sure that "worldwide" postage covers Austraila but it's worth double-checking with Tony, especially if you're buying a number of items. It might work out cheaper when several items are sent together, though I'm not absolutely sure of that.
     Oh - I've actually already selected the items; I was about to buy them when I came across this postage issue. I guess I should unselect them, should I, and start again once I've checked with Tony?

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

MJE wrote:...surely you meant 45, 46, and 47?
Sorry, yes, I noticed my mistake afterwards and corrected it.
MJE wrote:Is that list of items for sale available to non-members?
Yes, I think so.
MJE wrote:I've actually already selected the items; I was about to buy them when I came across this postage issue. I guess I should unselect them, should I, and start again once I've checked with Tony?
I don't know whether there's an option to "save" the selected items and return to them later? If so, you could do that.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member