New Weekly Serial

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Re: New Weekly Serial

Post by Daisy »

Please add me to the list! :)
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

The Mystery of Hazel Dene Cottage

Post by pete9012S »

Well I must say I have really enjoyed the opening chapter of Julies new mystery.

It was so very well written and packed with lots of clever little nuances and familiar references to the village we all love so much that I felt I had been transported back to Peterswod in easter 1953!

I could almost imagine myself on the Hiltons well clipped lawn with our chums as they sipped home made lemonade and made their plans to visit the fair-with the birds singing,the hum of busy insects flitting from flower to flower and the energetic swoosh of the ginger haired butchers boys bike tyres out on the lane as he whizzed past the Hiltons residence cycling frantically to his next delivery!

I hope you had as much pleasure writing it as we have had reading it Julie!
So many thanks again for this most enjoyable read-and when is the next installment due? :D :D

Regards

pete
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Re: The Mystery of Hazel Dene Cottage

Post by MJE »

pete9012S wrote:Well I must say I have really enjoyed the opening chapter of Julies new mystery.

It was so very well written and packed with lots of clever little nuances and familiar references to the village we all love so much that I felt I had been transported back to Peterswod in easter 1953!
     Oh - where can I find this? Is it on Keith's site? Obviously this must be a further Find-Outers story.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

MJE wrote:Oh - where can I find this? Is it on Keith's site? Obviously this must be a further Find-Outers story.
You'll find details of it on the Enid Blyton Society's homepage, Michael. Enjoy! :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

pete9012S wrote: I hope you had as much pleasure writing it as we have had reading it Julie!
So many thanks again for this most enjoyable read-and when is the next installment due? :D :D
Regards
pete
Cheers Pete, let's hope you continue to enjoy the story as it unfolds. :D Yes, I did enjoy writing about the Find-Outers, and being in their world for a short while. The next chapter will be on Monday, then every Monday until the final chapter which I believe takes us up to 7th May, next year.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Post by MJE »

Eddie Muir wrote:You'll find details of it on the Enid Blyton Society's homepage, Michael. Enjoy! :D
     Oh, okay, Eddie - thanks for the tip. I do check that page every now and then, but just don't happen to have done since that appeared.
     I wonder if the entire novel is written, but is going to be posted bit by bit. Personally, I would be loath to start posting chapters publicly of a novel whose subsequent chapters were still unwritten: I'd be afraid that, as the story developed, it would necessitate altering details in earlier already-posted chapters - which would mess things up for readers rather. If you haven't yet published any chapters, altering things is still an option.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Julie2owlsdene wrote: The next chapter will be on Monday, then every Monday until the final chapter which I believe takes us up to 7th May, next year.
Oh, how opportune, Julie. We can all congregate round you in person, and say how much we enjoyed your story! :twisted:

Michael, have no fear, HQ has the complete story. :D
Society Member
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

MJE wrote:I wonder if the entire novel is written, but is going to be posted bit by bit. Personally, I would be loath to start posting chapters publicly of a novel whose subsequent chapters were still unwritten: I'd be afraid that, as the story developed, it would necessitate altering details in earlier already-posted chapters - which would mess things up for readers rather. If you haven't yet published any chapters, altering things is still an option.
Yes, as mentioned above, the entire story is set up and ready to go on a weekly basis. It takes a few hours to convert it all to HTML and get it coded, but once it's done I can leave it alone and an episode automatically shows up each Monday -- so in this case I won't need to touch it again for 22 weeks. (Although sometimes I make errors in my code and have to fix them on the fly!)

A few weeks before Julie's story expires, Tony will send me another in Word format for me to convert and get ready. I wonder who's next?
Julie2owlsdene

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Moonraker wrote: Oh, how opportune, Julie. We can all congregate round you in person, and say how much we enjoyed your story! :twisted:
Don't worry my friend, I wouldn't dream of stealing your thunder! :twisted:

Plus I think there'll be much more exciting things going on during the great day, for that to happen anyway! :lol:

8)

Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Has Nigel ever written a fanfic novel or contributed to one over at T'Yahoo site,I cant remember myself-I know he's done reviews in the cave and things?

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I have contributed to the Round Robin stories on the Yahoo Group, but wouldn't consider writing a novel I know my limits, Pete. Julie: I feel a storm brewing. Batten down the hatches, old girl! :twisted:
Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Moonraker wrote:I have contributed to the Round Robin stories on the Yahoo Group, but wouldn't consider writing a novel I know my limits, Pete. Julie: I feel a storm brewing. Batten down the hatches, old girl! :twisted:

Yeah,but at least were in the clear!

I thought a fanfic would be good were you raced round the corner to rescue Ming from mortal danger in deepest Corfe .......

You only have three minutes to save her,you career round the corner near Vivs shop and crash heavily into a tall,rugged well built gent who seems just as hell bent as you to get somewhere important fast.You both fall into a tangled heap to the ground and then grab each other with a powerful manly grip in your haste to get back to your feet.
As you both rise from the ground you look at each other and then stop and stare at each other in amazement -for you are looking right into the cool blue steely eyes of BILL SMUGGS! :shock:

(the illustration would be somewhat similar the the Larkin pic from the Find Outers only with you and Bill..)

How about it Julie,think you could develop that one?
(if you are interested you may need to move fast on it in case any man of the cloth jumps in and steals our thunder!) :D

Regards

Pete :wink:

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

I think I'll have to leave that one for you to write, Pete. :)

8)

Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Julie2owlsdene wrote:I think I'll have to leave that one for you to write, Pete. :)

8)
Righto! I also need Nigel, Ming & Vivs permission to feature them as stars in a Bill Smugs Corfe Castle adventure obviously!! :D :D :D

Society Member
Moonraker

Re: Weekly Serials - Malory Towers and Hazel Dene Cottage

Post by Moonraker »

Ming and I would be honoured to feature in your epic, Pete! Just remember our age gap if you intend any romantic plotlines! :oops:

That doesn't mean I'm happy to be her grandfather! :evil:
Society Member