The Company I Keep

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
Moonraker

The Company I Keep

Post by Moonraker »

Just looked to see who is online, and I noticed this:

Registered users: Exabot [Bot], Gigabot [Bot], Moonraker, MSN [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

:roll:
Society Member
Philip Mannering
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure Series and Family Novels
Favourite character: Fatty and Jack Trent.

Re: The Company I Keep

Post by Philip Mannering »

Perhaps we'll see a Moonraker [Bot] too! :lol:

And also - Philip Mannering [Bot], since like you, nearly whenever I log in, I find that no one else is to keep me company, except Bots. :roll: Mostly when it's early morning here and night in the UK.

One more thing: what do these "bots" really do? :?
"A holiday — a mystery — an adventure — and a happy ending for dear old Barney!" said Roger. "What more could anyone want?"
"An ice cream," said Snubby promptly. "Who's coming to buy one?" The Rubadub Mystery
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

The Bots if I remember correctly trawl these pages and forums and add them to search listings in Google, Yahoo, MSN, Gigabot (not one I've heard of - guess there is a search engine because I've seen a Gigabot [Bot] often!) - to "enhance" searches.

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I notice that these Bots are registered. I wonder if any of them are Society members? It might be interesting to have one as a guest speaker at the next Day.

Incidentally, is there a key to explain the symbols next to the topics? I can work some out, but not all. For example, one has a light bulb in it...?
Society Member
Philip Mannering

Moonraker wrote:Incidentally, is there a key to explain the symbols next to the topics? I can work some out, but not all. For example, one has a light bulb in it...?
I can't work out any of the symbols. :?
"A holiday — a mystery — an adventure — and a happy ending for dear old Barney!" said Roger. "What more could anyone want?"
"An ice cream," said Snubby promptly. "Who's coming to buy one?" The Rubadub Mystery
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Moonraker wrote:Incidentally, is there a key to explain the symbols next to the topics? I can work some out, but not all. For example, one has a light bulb in it...?
Which one? :?

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I can' find it now! When I next spot one, I'll post it!
Society Member
RDMorrell
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Secret Seven, Adventure
Favourite character: Anne

Post by RDMorrell »

I'm here all by myself - not even a bot for company! :(

Affects silly chipmunk voice and starts singing that Akon song - "Lonely, I'm so lonely ..."
Best Regards

ROWAN M.

A room without books is like a body without a soul - Cicero
Aurélien
Favourite book/series: Book: The Boy Next Door / Series: Famous Five
Favourite character: Noddy

Post by Aurélien »

Being retired I can - and do - go on line at any hour, and am often here with only the BOTS for company. Remember seeing Ming a few times and even Viv of Ginger Pop once, but never Moonraker. Often a 'Guest' or three and, of course, our old friend 'Hidden' also ghosts in from time to time.
RDMorrell wrote:I'm here all by myself - not even a bot for company! :( "
Wondered :wink: what that early-hours-of-the-morning noise was that woke me up in my Oriental Bay hotel room back in April, Rowan. Now I know. :) :D

A fellow Kiwi, from North of the Bombay Hills.
Philip Mannering

Oh, Rowan - today I too had no one for company in the morning, as the rest for sleeping!! Very lonely indeed.

As I log in almost six/seven times a day, there's bound to be time when there is somebody for company. This time there is!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Aurélien wrote:Being retired I can - and do - go on line at any hour, and am often here with only the BOTS for company. Remember seeing Ming a few times and even Viv of Ginger Pop once, but never Moonraker.
I guess when I'm online, Aurélien, you're tucked up in bed!
Society Member
Aurélien

Post by Aurélien »

Moonraker wrote:I guess when I'm online, Aurélien, you're tucked up in bed!
Very likely, Moonraker, though these days I tend to lie abed for only about 3 hours max at any one time, sometimes sleeping but at other times *Thinking: Prolonged Senior Moment?*....er, catnapping. :roll: Ah, me, ain't old age....fun...sort of. :?

During my up-times I may log on shortly after coming awake, and again shortly before napping. :mrgreen: No prizes for guessing which of my postings are done as it were in mid-yawn! :oops:
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I must admit that one of the things I am looking forward to most in my retirement is not being tied down to working shifts. It must be sheer bliss to get up at night when sleep avoids. Now of course, I think to myself, I must get some sleep as I will be up in a few hours. Bring it on!
Society Member
Aurélien

Post by Aurélien »

Moonraker wrote:I must admit that one of the things I am looking forward to most in my retirement is not being tied down to working shifts. It must be sheer bliss to get up at night when sleep avoids. Now of course, I think to myself, I must get some sleep as I will be up in a few hours. Bring it on!
I remember those days only too well and, yes, being now able to pace myself according to my own needs and interests is indeed sheer bliss. :D :D Of course, Moonraker, :( a pension is more like pocket money than a real income, so retirement can *sigh* also be a tad limiting financially....
Philip Mannering

What is Alexa [Bot]? :? :?