Membership

What would you like to see? All feedback and suggestions appreciated!
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

moonraker wrote:Well done, G@K! I could never see how a moderator couldn't be a member! :D
It's not for want of meaning, It has been on my to do list for over a year, it's just the list fills up with more pressing matters (sorry Tony) like finish PhD, go to work, eat sleep, and pay vets bills - extortionate, but that's another story... Oh, and Browse Ebay

The sony by Weird Al about Ebay is so accurate - I'll dig out a link to it later, while at uni, doing said PhD, on leave from said work and still paying said vets bills!
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Okay, I have a few questions about the membership. Do I have to pay 11 pounds every year? Or only once, and I get journals forever?

Society Member
Kitty
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers/Malory Towers
Favourite character: Alicia, Fatty, Gwendoline

Post by Kitty »

Hullo! I suspect if any of the other non-members are like me, some of them won't actually have seen this thread, and that's why they haven't replied - I don't tend to browse the society membership section much because I know it's not "for" me, if you see what I mean. I only know about this thread now because it was mentioned on the other thread in General.

In short, I'd like to join, but I've already been stretched in having to subscribe to multiple journals which the university library in it's wisdom (ok, it is wisdom, I'm the only one who'd read them!) won't buy in on my behalf. Much less fun, but necessary for the thesis. The rest of my student's income goes on even more boring stuff, I'm afraid. Sad but true.

I'm sorry if it's offensive that I've not joined, but am posting... er... as I say, I try and stay away from all discussion that's Society orientated etc. Would love to be able to go to the Blyton day too, but that's completely off the cards as well - summer is a busy time for conferences in my subject, which again, if I want/need to attend, I mostly have to pay for.

Don't know what else to say really! I am sorry if it's seen as "exploiting" the society by posting here as a non-member. (Not trying to say that's what anyone has said, by the way, just not sure how to rephrase it better). I was just excited to find other Blyton fanatics on the net, really!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I'm sure there's no question of you offending any members or any need to "stay away" from Society orientated posts. You (or anyone else, for that matter) are certainly not guilty of "exploiting"! I originally raised this thread as I wondered if some of the newer posters to our ranks were aware that there was so much more to enidblyton.co.uk than forums!

As a matter of interest, I always click on the view posts since last visit link, thereby not missing any posts, especially on threads that I might not normally look at.

I appreciate that students especially, have many calls on their purses - not least the town's bars! (I have experience from my own son!)

The important thing is that we all share a love of Enid's writings, and all who do are obviously welcome here! :D
Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

I believe that all the forums are open to all Enid Blyton fans and so there is no need for any fan to feel they are "exploiting" the site. Thats not true at all. Every fan is thoroughly welcome, the more the merrier.

I can say though that since I joined the EBS I have felt much more as though I belong here as opposed to just visiting.
Okay, I have a few questions about the membership. Do I have to pay 11 pounds every year? Or only once, and I get journals forever?
Its an annual fee. Follow the link from the home page and all the terms and conditions of membership are explained.
Kitty
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers/Malory Towers
Favourite character: Alicia, Fatty, Gwendoline

Post by Kitty »

Thanks very much for your replies, lucky star and moonraker! I knew I'd chosen the words in the last two paragraph badly, I didn't mean to imply that anyone thought I was "exploiting" - just trying to explain my reasons for being here and posting without being a member! And hopefully I will get to be a member when things have calmed down!

Thanks for telling me about the "view posts" feature - I didn't know it existed. :oops:

Bars? What are they? I've hardly been out since New Year! Ah, I'm a good girl, I tell you! Actually, I've spent so much time reading horrid vintage newspapers in the archive I've only time to come home and surf the net, then go back for more! It was not like this for Alicia and Betty, I bet!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

All the good girls I have known, have, in reality, been rather bad :oops:
Society Member
Ming

Post by Ming »

Do I fit in that? :roll:

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I couldn't possibly say :oops:

However, when we meet in May, I am sure you will be goodness personified. :lol:
Society Member
Ming

Post by Ming »

So let's wait but you can be sure that you won't find me "goodness personified"! :lol: I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on me! :lol: :lol:

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Let's hope I'm not a disappointment, then. :wink:
Society Member
Ming

Post by Ming »

I don't think you will be. :wink:

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

:D :D :D :D :D
Society Member
Susie

Post by Susie »

After reading this thread, and thinking it over I have decided to join! My mum is delighted as she was once a member of the Famous Five club, which came with a Famous Five badge, which when she was a child she wore wore with pride, as well as it coming with Enid Blyton Newsletter. Is this the same thing? She says it's a shame she didn't keep any of the newsletters.

All I have to do now, is post it early tomorrow morning. I can't wait to get it, how long do you think it will take to arrive, I'm looking forward to reading it.
There is always something else new to learn.
Keith Robinson
Site Administrator

Post by Keith Robinson »

That's great news, Susie! The "newsletter" in this case is a Journal, a 60-page booklet (A5 in size) containing many articles and reviews by various other members of the Society. It's a right riveting read. :)

Plus, you'll be granted full access to restricted parts of this site, all as described on the Members page -- the weekly serial, the archives, photos, etc.

But more than that, you'll be helping to support the Society, which makes this entire website possible, not to mention Enid Blyton Day. :D