The Further Adventures of Brer Rabbit in good condition dj

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

The Further Adventures of Brer Rabbit in good condition dj

Post by sixret »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brer-Rabbit-r ... 2793547878" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GBP59.95 plus Heyo, Brer Rabbit!

GBP59.95 is a very decent price for Further Adventures of Brer Rabbit in good dust jacket alone but you get two books! :D
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Tony Summerfield

Re: The Further Adventures of Brer Rabbit in good condition

Post by Tony Summerfield »

A quite difficult book to find in a wrapper, but here is one of the few Blyton books that I have never seen for sale anywhere.

That image was taken from the Darrell Waters file copy.
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

The Brer Rabbits, with dust wrappers, aren't a bad price I guess, although I always feel less excited by Enid's Brer Rabbit books, as they aren't truly her creation. I have quite a few of them, but they always feel a bit of a cheat, lol. :lol:

I've rarely seen any originals of Binkle and Flip for sale - although I do have 'The Book of Bunnies' in the News Chronicle version, along with The Book of Brownies. :-)
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

I always enjoyed Enid's tales of Brer Rabbit — she captures the spirit of the stories pretty well and certainly makes the dialect easier to follow than the Uncle Remus versions! :lol: I was aware as a child that Brer Rabbit wasn't Enid's own creation, but that never bothered me. He and his friends and enemies are ultimately based on African folklore, so to me it's not much different from Enid retelling tales of Robin Hood or King Arthur or the ancient Greeks, or Bible stories for that matter. Which she also did very well!

I don't feel a need to collect early editions of Enid's Brer Rabbit stories, but I agree this is a good price for two of them and I hope they'll go to someone who'll appreciate them. :D
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

That said - I do have both of the editions above, and I'm happy I have them - though neither have wrappers. Heyo Brer Rabbit is my favourite - the illustrations by Kathleen Nixon, are beautiful!
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

I managed to buy Further Adventures of Brer Rabbit in very good dw in October this year. :D

Hear! Hear! Tony, I have searched high and low for Binkle & Flip in that edition(I am talking about online market) but I have not found a single copy of it being sold/offered for the past 18 years! It's that scarce and obscure! If whoever manages to find one offered for £100(or even £200 for that matter, I know I will) just grab it knowing that it's indeed a very rare book. Afterall, it is one way of investment in the future. :D

Do you have that copy in your possession, Tony? :D
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!