Might be for sale.

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
tew123

Might be for sale.

Post by tew123 »

Hi all,
I am new here and have collected and owned Enid Blyton books all my life, but I think its time to let some one else enjoy them, I have a collection of about 200 books and probably 25 of them are first editions, the two books that have interested me the most are, The Boys and Girls Story book no'2 (no date but has a written inscription, Christmas 1934) and The Boys and Girls Story book no'3, both I would consider to be in good-ish condition.
The question I have is, would any one be interested in them, and what would they be worth if I were to sell them, I cant find any information on them.
Thanks.
tew123

Re: Might be for sale.

Post by tew123 »

No one can help ? any idea's who to ask ?? any collectors or dealers ??
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

If you go to the main page and look under the links section there are a number of dealers there. I think some of them buy books, so they might be interested in anything you have to sell.
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Sorry, tew123, I missed your original post. I am sure many of us might be interested in your books. It would be good to see a listing, but I appreciate that is difficult with 200 books! Regarding prices, this is a hard one. Some dealers and eBay merchants quote ridiculous prices, but I don't think there is a general rule. Sorry not to be more helpful, but if you lived close to me I would come round and have a look at them!
Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

tew123, the first editions you have may be worth a fair amount but it will depend on condition and whether they have dustwrappers or not. You could always test the waters by offering a couple on ebay and see what the reaction is.
Society Member
tew123

Post by tew123 »

Thanks for the info, I will take a look and maybe get in touch, but in the meantime here is a small list of what I have, this is a selection from one box full I have, I will add more later, I would like to sell them as a job lot if possible, so maybe a dealer is the way forward.

Boy's and Girls story book no'2 only date is written xmas 1934- good.
Boy's and girls story book no'3 - no date - good.
The fifth holiday book, written inside xmas 1950 - good
First term at Malory towers, in dust jacket - good 1952.
Upper fourth at Malory Towers Armada 1989.
Fifth at Malory Towers. Armada 1989.
The O'Sulivan Twins 1974.
The family at Red Roofs 1945.
The Holliday House 1968.
The adventures of the strange ruby 1979.
The enchanted wood 1978.
Welcome Josie Click and Bun 1974.
Further adventures Click and Bun 1974.
Eight o'clock tales 1944.
The adventures of Mr Pink-Whistle 1969.
Mr Pink Whistle Interferes 1984?
The Adventurous 4 1962.
The Adventurous 4 again 1973.
The Ragamuffin Mystery 1959.
The Rilloby fair Mystery 1979
The Rocking Down Mystery 1967.
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Would it be possible to give a rough idea of what part of the world you are in? That way we could work out if it would be possible to come and pick up a selection? I don't buy books from the internet very often because the postage often puts the books out of my price range. However, if I was going to say collect 20 books from someone, it would be worth me driving up to 30 miles to do so.
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Yes, that would be most helpful. Good thinking, Katharine.
Society Member
tew123

Post by tew123 »

Hi all, thanks for the replies, I'm in Cardigan West Wales, and is a million miles from every where lol !!
I am willing to travel if someone was interested in a bundle of them, I really don't want the hassle of selling one at a time, and this would also take forever, I'm also unsure of what there worth, I know what I'd like for them as most of them were bought for me by my grandmother, but I need to be realistic about it also, so If anyone would be interested, or if you would like to know of what else I have (a lot) please pm me. Thanks, Babs.
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Thanks for that. As I live in East Anglia, that's probably about as far away as possible in the UK, so that unfortunately rules me out! Hope you find some interest from someone closer.
Society Member