Signed 1st edition "Five Have a Wonderful Time"

Advertise items for sale. (Please note: The Enid Blyton Society is not responsible for anything listed in these forums. You buy and sell at your own risk.)
Frankish

Signed 1st edition "Five Have a Wonderful Time"

Post by Frankish »

This book is a first edition copy. Printed in 1952. It is the 11th story from Enid Blytons Famous five series. Titled "Five have a wonderful time". The best and most valuable part of this book, is that Enid Blyton has personally autographed the title page in blue ink, reading "love from Enid Blyton". There is also an inscription on the title page written in blue pen reading "Barbara, with love from Auntie Mary Christmas 1952". Could this be Enid's close friend Mary? I tried to research Mary's family tree to see if she had a niece named Barbara, but I could not find any records of Mary's ancestry.

The book itself is in good condition. It is missing its dust jacket. Hard cover has some minor markings. Inside pages are foxed and slightly yellowed. Binding and spine are intact, except for the first two pages before the title page, they have come off the binding a little, about 2cm up from the bottom. These pages are still secure and are at no risk of coming completely loose. There are no rips or creases in the internal pages.

This book is for tender. Asking your highest offer over the reserve price of $350AUD. Please follow the link below for photos and more information on how to submit your tender.

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/1887456 ... e_active_1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Moonraker

Re: Signed 1st edition "Five Have a Wonderful Time"

Post by Moonraker »

I have no idea the value of this book, so I have decided to let you, the public decide by putting this book up for tender.
As long as it's over £190 (350 AUD)!
Society Member
Frankish

Post by Frankish »

That's right moonraker. Something is only worth what someone wants to pay for it and what someone is willing to let it go for. If the value is under $350aud, I'd rather gift it to my daughter.
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

Perhaps you could consult an expert to get it valued professionally, Frankish? The Enid Blyton Society doesn't do valuations, but if you find someone who can, you could get a clearer idea of what would be a fair price to ask/expect for the book.
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Did you sell this?
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Frankish hasn't logged in since mid May, so we will probably never know.
Society Member